Maximum Motorsports is well know as the leader for Fox Mustang suspension for years. All of their parts have been designed and tested on their own track cars well before they hit the market. These guys know a thing or two as to what it takes to set up a car. MM control arms are manufactured here in the USA and are designed with strength in mind! Here at Race Ready Motorsports we have seen first hand some other control arms on the market fail
MM recognized early on that the front control arms needed to be addressed. The Maximum Motorsports control arms are offered in 3 different configurations, with 2 different bushing options to match your exact needs.
Please note - Like all things in racing, everything is a compromise. Note that each option will have its own unique fitment requirement. If you are unsure what is the right one for you call Race Ready Motorsport or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reduce unsprung weight with these lighter-than-stock control arms.
- Improve steering response and enjoy better control of dynamic alignment through less deflection with urethane or Delrin pivot bushings (your choice).
- Increase tire clearance for a tighter turning radius.
- Latest-version OEM low-friction ball joints improve performance and ride quality over stock Fox and aftermarket products.
- True "A" arm design increases rigidity and equalizes the loads into the K-member compared to standard "V" arms.
- Choose from several versions to meet your fitment requirements and performance goals. Some can be used with the stock Ford K-member, while others require a Maximum Motorsports Tubular K-member.
- Requires a front coil-over conversion and caster/camber plates; does NOT fit stock-location springs.
The difference between the 3 control arm options is the location of the ball joint forward and aft in relation to the rear axle. Moving the location of the ball joint from the OEM location will effect the overall wheel base, caster, and tire clearance!
- Installed with an MM Tubular K-member: Retains the stock wheel-base.
Not for use with a stock Ford K-member because it would move the tire rearward from the stock location.
- Primary use: with an MM K-member to keep the tire in the stock fore/aft location, therefore not causing interference between the tire and the front of the fender.
- Installed with an MM Tubular K-member: Moves front wheels forward by 3/4".
- Installed with a stock Ford K-member: retains the stock wheelbase.
- Primary uses: with Ford K-member to avoid tire interference. With MM K-member to provide increased caster with a potential for some tire interference (depends on tire size), usually correctable with minimal modifications.
- Installed with an MM Tubular K-member: Moves front wheels forward by 1.5".
- Installed with a stock Ford K-member: Moves front wheels forward by 3/4".
- Primary uses: with Ford K-member to provide increased caster. Has potential for some tire interference (depends on tire size and wheel offset), usually correctable with minimal modifications. With MM K-member to provide significantly increased caster and move center of gravity slightly rearward, with significant fender modifications required for tire clearance.
- Urethane: Intended for street use. These bushings will make your Mustang far more responsive to steering inputs because of reduced deflection, while keeping it quiet and comfortable.
- Delrin: Intended for racing. These bushings have zero deflection and a longer life expectancy in racing applications than urethane. Expect an increase in ride harshness and noise transmission compared to urethane.