There is a key component missing from the rear suspension on most Fox Mustangs...something that locates the rear axles left to right movement relative to the chassis. Ford tried their best with the triangulated 4 link, and quad shocks but that set up left alone wants to bind up, causing snap oversteer. If you want to dramatically improve the the handling characteristics of your Fox, this one mod needs to be high on your list. If you plan to later run a Torque Arm, the PHB will need to be adder first.
Race Ready Motorsport highly recommends using upper and lower control arms that have some sort of spherical or MAX-C bushing that allow the suspension to articulate if you are building a track or autocross car.
- Bolt-in installation, no welding required.
- Durable black powdercoat finish.
- Clears stock tailpipes. Aftermarket 2.5" tailpipes that follow the factory routing will usually clear the MM Panhard Bar without modifications to the tailpipes. These brands usually fit well: Dynomax, Flowmaster made after 2000, Late Model Restoration.
- Vertical adjustment of the rod's mounting accommodates different ride heights.
- Very long rod minimizes sideways movement caused by the arc of the rod's motion.
- PTFE-lined spherical rod ends precisely control movement with virtually no noise transmission.
- Stout 6061-T6 aluminum rod is made from a custom extrusion, designed with a very thick wall by MM for this application.
- Rod ends are mounted in double shear for greatest strength and safety.
- Special inserts allow proper tightening of mounting bolts for the chassis mounting bracket without distorting the frame rail.
- Low mounting height of the rod significantly lowers the rear roll center, reducing the tendency of the inside rear tire to lift and unload during cornering.
- Roll center is lower than what can be achieved with a Watts link.
- While compatible with the standard T/A differential cover when properly installed, we recommend the new low-profile cover (listed for the S197 application) to ensure no interference.
- Required before installation of the MM Torque-arm.