Wilwood Brake Proportioning Valve is used to adjust rear brake bias. It replaces the stock proportioning valve, and is used to fine tune rear brake bias.
Required when major modifications are done to the brake system, such as:
- Converting from rear drums to discs
- Increasing rotor size
- Converting from power-assisted to manual brakes
Desirable for many high performance situations, such as:
- Mustangs with stiff suspensions
- Mustangs with sticky tires
- Road racing
- Drag racing
The stock brake proportioning valve must always be disabled when installing an adjustable valve. There must be only one valve in the brake system, never two valves. You may disable the stock valve by either of these two methods:
- Remove the stock valve with MM's Brake Proportioning Valve Eliminator Kit.
- Disable the stock valve by removing the internals and replacing the stock valve's plug with the MM-2450-A solid plug.