There is no getting around it, the OEM brakes on the Fox are pretty horrible. For years the "go to" option was to upgrade to the Cobra brakes which got you a better PBR caliper and larger rotor. At the end of the day, those are still OEM components and have limitations. For a car that only sees street duty they will do the job but if you plan on hitting the track, making a proper upgrade in brakes should be high on your list.
Any big brake kit is going to have a high initial hit to the wallet, but one thing that is never really talked about is "cost per lap". You can continue to put in expensive track pads with OEM rotors but you will wear through both those components faster than you would if you had a motorsports quality caliper and rotor. Better calipers and rotors will preserve the pads longer and wear more consistently, saving you money in the long run all while providing braking performance that you will never get from the OEM units.
- Fits 87-93 Mustangs WITH SN95 Front Spindles.
- Min 17" wheels are required for 12.88" Rotor - Wheel Template
- Min 18" wheels are required for 14" Rotor - Wheel Template
- Requires Wilwood Brake Line Kit - 220-6458
- Wilwood Forged Narrow Superlite 6R 6-Piston Caliper in your choice of Red or Black
12.88" or 14", 2-Piece Rotors, with Aluminum rotor hats Available
- Choice of Slotted or Slotted & Driller Rotors
- Designed to work with OE Master Cylinder
- Pads, brackets, and all hardware needed for installation included