For any competition car you typically have a few variables to consider when selecting a seat
- Materials / Quality
Sparco has come out with a new seat for 2018 that checks off all of those boxes. The new QRT-R is the first seat to feature Sparco’s patented QRT ultra-light technology. This QRT Technology gives an unparalleled mechanical strength/weight ratio for fiberglass composite racing seats. QRT Technology gives an average weight savings of 7lbs (up to 10lbs +) per shell. The main benefit is that QRT-R seat approaches the weight of a carbon fiber seat at a price of a fiberglass seat.
The QRT-R is the lightest "Medium/Large" size fiberglass seat, the shell weighs only 9.9 lbs (15 lbs in full trim). The QRT-R has a unique CAD design that features a lower seating position that can fit a larger/taller driver with the exterior dimensions that can fit into smaller vehicles. The QRT-R is FIA approved.
To give you an idea of how this seat measures up, take a look at this comparison chart.
- Weight: 9.9lbs (15lbs fully dressed).
- Lightest "Medium/Large" size fiberglass seat on the market
- Lower seating position that can fit taller/larger drivers
- Smaller outer dimensions for small vehicle fitment
- Removable leg and back cushions
- Fiberglass shell with side fixing points Hans® compatible
- FIA approved