Stock wheel bearings are a know failure point for the C5 and C6 Corvette. The hubs just are not up to the task of track duty. A bad wheel hub can effect your alignment and also cause pad knock back decreasing your braking ability.
This performance wheel bearing is designed to improve the performance, cornering and stability characteristics that race and super cars demand. The SKF X-Tracker is a performance-engineered hub unit consisting of a double row angular contact ball bearing arrangement in which the outboard row has a larger diameter and contains more balls than the inboard row. Designed as a direct fit installation, no modifications is necessary.
- Improved steering accuracy and dynamic vehicle behavior
- Dramatically increased durability
- Reduced caliper piston knock-back and braking times
- Non-symmetrical rows with more balls at a higher diameter on outboard side
- Less than 10 micron run-out on flange face
- Black oxide coating for improved corrosion resistance
- Integrated speed sensor for 1997-2008 Corvettes
- Direct fit Installation, no modification is necessary
- 97-04 C5 Base
- 01-04 C5 Z06
- 05-07 C6 Base
- 08-08 C6 Base